Thursday, June 25, 2009

Second Life

Wow --- I have had no luck connecting to a SL conference session. I have not given up-- The Gronstedt Group is to be in session now, however, I cannot teleport in directly to the Gronstedt Group Train for Success. I asked the instructor for permission. No reply! Anyway - while waiting, I found Gronstedt group prerecorded session on the Youtube. IBM and Schneider Electric are collaborating R & D projects. I was wondering if Big business had started on SL. It has been my experience, that new recruited talent, bring to emerging technologies to Corporations. Corporations have $ to invest and fund these projects.
http://www.gronstedtgroup.com/

Here is the link of the pre-recorded Train for success SL:

Anders Gronstedt Here are my notes and summary as I listened to the audio discussion from 6/17
The Think Bomb Island - what is the business value of 2L(ROI), the work related use is presently in pilot, emersive technology. Measure valued is mixed, few/some businesses have recoup their investments in 9 months(rapid return on investment). Variety of work related cases are: meetings and conferences, (ie., 80% on learning and training, 46% meetings, 10% rehearsal, business practices, security and fire drills, internal and external meetings. Raw data uses business budgets, to compare strong business. Survey raw data can be displayed, HR, and business operations. People are applying smaller uses, larger uses will jump in as soon as vendors and developers will provide solutions. What are the alternatives? There is a feeling of confusion --- LOL -- I know the feeling. Use of multiple technologies, wikis, which increases engagment - being together face to face, connected together virtually...we all can see who falls asleep, who moves ahead, who is curious!!! Save an excel as note card and bring tools into SL ---- VIP. What is the cost of implementing? It decreases cost, no travel! <$25K to <$10K Small amount for large corporation. Minimal person hours to rollout -- 1 week (4 people a week). Wow, thats short. I have been in projects that take months and years.

Audio was good for me, b/c I had to concentrate and visualize the SL emerging movement in business. In closing, SL emersive tech appears to be gaining in increasing usage and believe that value is added and will increase their investments in the emersive technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment